Saturday, December 20, 2008

What's in a name?

What's in a name?  Well just say Mahatma Gandhi or Paris Hilton and immediately you attach a value to that name.  

For good or ill, you have some sort of association in the deep caverns of your mind for certain names.  Take for example my sister-in-law, she refuses to eat at Panda Express because on some level of corporate management she feels as though they have been able to incorporate Panda meat into their egg drop soup. And she won't even entertain the idea of going to Shoney's Family Restaurant because apparently Shoney is a name of a horse and they have been able to put a little bit of Shoney into every bite of that delicious breakfast sausage!  

Come on don't even pretend you haven't done this! Right now I bet you could think of two or three names that conjure up crazy ideas in your mind and cause you to dispel logic and resort to some sort of QUIRKY  behavior.

That is why I chose the quirky contractor as the name for my blog.  I plan on discussing topics of interest for those who are building a home, trying to maintain their home, or are considering building a home, or general contractor who is humble enough to listen to reason.  I plan on an unconventional approach, or quirky approach as it were to the home building process.  That's right....the right way to build a home. 

You see, ever since I was in high school I have been involved with the home building process.  I started out designing homes, then got my hands dirty with remodeling and recently just quit my job as the general manager of custom homes for a local builder to pursue my MBA.  So for the past ten years I have been on every side of the fence. 

I figure now that I am out of the game for a couple years, its safe for me to vent and let it all out!

So until I get it all out of my system, I will be trying to help those of you that are still in the game or thinking about stepping to the plate, how to get it right.  At least from my point of view.  Whether you are an owner builder, hiring a contractor or you are a contractor yourself my blog posts are ment to help you from start to finish and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment